Opened in 2015, Exeter Science Park is a centre of excellence for STEM businesses, enabling fast growth through specialist support and opportunities for collaboration amongst like-minded businesses.
To support the Park’s vision and mission, KOR has planned and implemented a strategic communications campaign, aiming to enhance the reputation and raise awareness of the Park’s offering as a hub for science and technology businesses.
Over an initial 6-month period, media coverage in print and online for the Science Park reached over 100,000 readers and their Twitter and LinkedIn followings have grown, on Twitter by over 50%.
Over an initial 6-month period, Exeter Science Park wanted to raise awareness of the high-quality, bespoke office and laboratory space on offer to attract high-tech businesses as tenants and develop its reputation as a centre of excellence for STEM businesses across the South West and beyond.
KOR worked with Exeter Science Park Centre to develop key messages ahead of implementing a comprehensive communications plan which involved the following:
- Producing features and press releases suitable for local, regional and national press
- Regular e-newsletters to key stakeholders
- Profiling new tenants within sector-specific press
- Delivering training courses to new tenants
- Organising press visits
- Producing engaging photography and video
- Organising events to showcase facilities
In 6 months, the following was achieved:
- 64 pieces of coverage
- 106k+ estimated coverage views
- 50% increase in Twitter followers
- 100% increase in stakeholders on database
- Recommissioned to continue working with the Science Park into 2017
Exeter Science Park has been working with KOR in order to communicate with a wide range of targets at this early stage our development. They have consistently shown a very good understanding of the brief and been able to respond effectively whilst showing proactivity with new ideas and initiatives. Gerry Shattock, General Manager
Take a look at the latest news from Exeter Science Park here.
Pieces of Coverage
Increase in Twitter followers
Increase in Stakeholders